SCB NatWest OSCAs 2011
The Shropshire Cricket Board and SCB Coaches Association held a well attended and successful combined annual NatWest OSCAs and Coaches Association Recognition and Rewards awards evening on 6th May at the White House Hotel, Wellington. The evening celebrated and rewarded the significant efforts of volunteers and coaches involved in clubs and age group cricket across Shropshire.
Over 100 guests from Shropshire were joined at the awards by Steve Elworthy (former South African test cricketer) as well as Jane Hannah and Richard Lightbown (from the ECB's volunteer and participation team) who helped to present the awards to the NatWest OSCAs winners. Dave Gallagher (ECB CA membership services manager) was also present to hand awards to the winners of the Coaches Association categories.
The 19 OSCAs nominees each received a certificate representing their hard work and valued contributions to the functioning of clubs across the county. There were 8 winners in the 7 categories open for nominations. The winners were as follows:
• Officials - Jim Strachan (Shropshire Association of Cricket Officials)
• NatWest CricketForce - Frankton CC
• Leagues and Boards - East Shropshire Junior Cricket League
• Building Partnerships - Kidz in Sport
• Young Volunteer - Alex Thomas (Bridgnorth CC)
• Behind the Scenes - Sandra Oliver (Woore CC) and Nigel Howells (Wellington CC)
– joint winners
• Lifetime Acheivement - Allen Evans (Wem CC)
The Coaches Association awards were handed to winners in 3 separate categories, with each of the worthy winners having provided an outstanding service to Shropshire cricket through their commitment and excellence in coaching. The winners in each category were:
• Young Coach of the Year - Rob Hughes (Bridgnorth CC)
• Outstanding contribution and services to cricket coaching - Norman Ross
• Outstanding coaching achievement - Dave Nock (Newport CC, SCB CA)
Congratulations to all the winners and also to all those nominated for their undoubted successes and hard work to ensuring that cricket across Shropshire is as strong as ever. All winners will now go forward to the national OSCAs and Sky Sports Coach awards where they will represent Shropshire.
Photographs: If you would like to purchase any of the photographs in this gallery, please visit the KidzinSport website.